Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
My brother and his wife are getting their house re-decorated this deployment. Oh I sure hope they don't tell me to stop! I'm having too much fun!!
Here is my masterpiece. It's an old Ethan Allen hutch that has long been overdue for a makeover. Ethan would be so upset if he saw how it looked.
Note: Its really not blue inside the hutch...its all black. And its nicely distressed courtesy of my very dull hand planer.
Friday, September 11, 2009
1. I'm stronger than I think I am.
2. My waistline is expanding quickly. Seriously, he's been gone 5 days and I've gained 7 lbs.
3. I need a walking buddy.
4. 3-year-old girls have a very hard time when their daddy's leave.
5. Mommy's dealing with that 3-year-old have it worse.
6. The yard is getting taller in between mowings.
7. Decorating my brother and sis-in-laws house is keeping me busy. I just hope they don't get tired of me!
8. I work more than 40 hours a week.
9. My work from home job has ruined my ability to ever have a job outside the home.
10. Just when I think I have it rough, someone else has it worse.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
When I opened up the cabinet doors to take a picture to show everyone...there WAS a pop-tart right here. Smushed in between the drawer and the cabinet doors. I quickly ran to get my camera because I thought it was a perfect blog moment. I also wanted to send the picture to my husband (who is on deployment) to show him what the kids do while he is gone.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
My lovely computer has been in our family for 5 years now. Its served its purpose well and has been used and abused by every kid in the family. I havebeenexperiencing major problems with the keyboard lately. You'll notice that occasionally the spacebar doesn't work and quite often random letters on the keyboard stick or just don't type at all. Ironically,they are all functioning just fine right now, except forthat silly spacebar!
Here is a test of the keyboard system at the Fair FamilyTimes. There goes the spacebar. Come on lettes, there goes he R and the T in the. Oh how amusing! I could type all day aughing t this thing. Do you see the L and the A missing?! I'm telling you...my 85 wpm makes it difficult to catch these mistakes! It takes a lot of backspacing to clear thoseerrors! See the spacebar showed its behavorial problems in that sentence! I swear, it really isn't user error There went the period. I am even making sue I hit all te buttons - the R and H messed up in that sentence And theregoes the period and the spacebar again! Does anyone feel bad enough to searh for a keyboard at the next garage sale?! Thanks for listening. I'm done now.